Gardens Skatepark officially open this Saturday at 12pm. Make sure to check out the park after the Revolution Warehouse Sample Sale!
Click here for Continue reading “The Gardens Skatepark Launch”
The National Skate Collective have put together a survey to give to the City of Cape Town in order to try and get skateboarding to be recognised as a legitimate mode of transport and sport. The situation may seem hopeless sometimes, but here is something that you can actually do. So quit bitching, take 5 minutes out of your day and fill out the survey. Even if you do not live in Cape Town, support South African skateboarding!
Click HERE to go to the survey.
About the National Skate Collective:
We are a group of skateboarders from all disciplines and backgrounds who came together under the banner of strengthening the culture of skateboarding. NSC was formed in 2011 in order to facilitate communication between skateboarders and government. We have since formed a Non-Profit Organisation in order to unite skaters and support skateboarding initiatives in South Africa.
A skate-friendly South Africa which supports skateboarding as an active mode of transport as well as a sport
The National Skateboarding Collective (NSC) is to:
• Serve the skateboarding community
• Promote and strengthen the culture and sport of skateboarding
• Ensuring that skating is integrated and developed in South Africa
• Advocating for our rights for the attainment of equal opportunity
• Facilitate communication between skateboarders and government/organisations
• Create partnerships and networks amongst the skateboarding community
• Support skateboarding initiatives and projects
Check out the National Skate Collective Facebook page.